Have questions about what to bring or how to drop your child off for camp? Take a look below for the answers to all of your camp questions, or, if your question doesn’t happen to be addressed below, feel free to contact us at (860) 436-5821!
What to Bring
- Dress: Children should arrive in comfortable play clothes (that can get a little messy!). Please bring a change of clothes, even for the “big kids”…just in case.
- Diapers: If your child uses diapers or pull-ups, please bring plenty, with your child’s name written on each one. You will get extras back at the end of the week. If your child is newly potty trained, please bring a few pull-ups, just in case of an accident.
- Snacks: We will provide a nut-free snack (pretzels or goldfish and water) each day of camp. Therefore, it is not necessary to bring snacks or drinks for your child. We provide water as the beverage based on feedback from customers wishing for their children to not drink sugared beverages such as juice. If your child still needs a sippy cup, please bring this with you, labeled with their name. If you have specific dietary needs and have to provide a snack alternative, please speak with a manager before camp.
- Drop-off is from 9:00 to 9:30 for morning camp and from 2:00 to 2:30 for afternoon camp. We are unable to allow children to be dropped off prior to the listed start time.
- When you arrive:
- Find your child’s cubby; they will be labeled with the campers’ names. Shoes, sippy cups, and change of clothes should be placed in their cubby.
- Sign in at the Membership Desk upon arrival. Pay special attention to write if you or someone else will be picking your child up at the end of camp.
- Place labeled diapers in the basket in the lobby.
- Give your child a big good-bye hug and know that they are about to have more fun than they know!
- Sign-In: Dismissal is run, to the best ability, on a first come, first served basis. Please sign in at dismissal to ensure that children are released in the order in which their caregiver arrives. Please be patient, as our dismissal procedure is designed to ensure the safety of all your children.
- Identification: If someone other than the person who dropped your child off is picking up your child, that person’s name must be written on the sign-in sheet and a driver’s license must be shown to a staff member before your child is released.
- Listen to the fun: We ask that after you sign-in for dismissal that you take a seat in the lobby, instead of greeting your child in the gym. Greeting your child early could disrupt the remainder of camp for your child and some of the other campers.
- Early Dismissal: If you are picking your camper up early, let us know beforehand and we will make sure they are ready when you arrive.
- Art Projects: The children are creating beautiful things in art class. Please check your child’s cubby carefully so none of their hard work is left behind.
More Great Things to Know!
- Every child has their own personality – some are excited to be involved with their peers immediately, interacting and learning from them; others like to observe until they are more comfortable joining in on the fun. Regardless of the way your child acclimates to a group environment, we have lots of experience and techniques for making sure that they are able to become comfortable.
- We often take pictures during camp. We reserve the right to use these photographs for promotional materials, which may or may not include print media, brochures, wall hangings, website photo gallery, etc. No compensation is paid for use of these photos. You agree that images of you and/or your child, captured during your class at Romp n’ Roll, through video, photo and digital camera, may be used for Romp n’ Roll promotional material and publications, and waive any rights of compensation or ownership thereto. If for any reason you prefer that we not use pictures of your child, please let us know immediately.
- We apologize, but there are no make-ups or refunds for camp.