Fun Summer Activities To Do At Home!
Are the temps slowly rising in your city or town? Are you relishing the outdoor weather while wondering what to do with your little ones this summer? While the pool and park are both amazing options, you still may be searching for items to have on hand and ideas for your back pocket on the days you may be hanging out at home!
Here are a few of our favorite and must have items for summer play and fun in the comfort of your own backyard!
1. Water Table – Water tables are worth every penny. We just purchased a new one but our last water table lasted us 6 years!! We opted for a pirate version which creates plenty of opportunities for imaginative play for our children. We like the bigger water table options to accommodate our growing family and letting everyone have room to play and explore without bumping into each other.
2. Sprinkler – We have purchased many decorative child geared sprinklers over the years but my kids still seem to enjoy the old school sprinkler we have for watering the grass just as much! Already have one on hand? Perfect. Want a child themed version? This is our favorite!
3. Chalk – Pick a theme, practice numbers or letters, focus on colors, or portraits! Let your imagination run wild!
4. Bubble Machine – This bubble machine is a great activity to have on hand for summer fun and birthday parties! The ease of use is awesome and at $11 you can’t beat the price.
5. Pool – Even if you belong to a community pool, it’s always helpful to have a small backyard pool for convenience! We love the Target version which is soft, easy to blow up, and only costs $12!
6. Bikes – Put a twist on your typical bike riding and create obstacle courses, race tracks, stop lights, and use cones to keep your little ones engaged and entertained!
7. Popsicles – Can’t go wrong with a refreshing treat after a long day playing outside!
Spring and summer are my favorite seasons as a mom because I relish in the long days outside followed by S’mores in the fire pit and then a swift bath and into bed for a long night of exhausted snoring coming from my children (and husband)!
What are your favorite items to have on hand for fun at home play? Tag #rompnroll in your favorite summer time activity, so we can see what fun you are having and to share ideas with other parents.