Memorial Day Crafts & Snacks
Memorial Day is right around the corner and you may be wondering what to make or bring along that is not super complicated for a busy parent! Want to get crafty with your little ones to celebrate the holiday? We gathered 3 crafts and 3 snacks that will start your upcoming Memorial Day weekend with a bang!
1. Pom Pom Painting –A Crafty Morning shares a great idea using paper, pom poms, red, white, and blue paint, and clothes pins! Kids get to practice fine motor skills by pinching the pom poms in the clothespins and then painting the American Flag!
2. Footprint Flags – A Crafty Morning also shared this adorable flag idea using paper, paint and glitter! This one can also be a keeper for your memory box to reflect back on the precious little footprints.
3. Star Spangled Slime – This idea is perfect for older kiddos and a great sensory activity. You will need to preplan a little more with liquid starch, clear school glue, and confetti but the end result will be worth it! Thanks for the idea I Can Teach My Child!
Who doesn’t love a good festive snack?
1. Edible Flag - Grab some strawberries, blueberries, cool whip, and graham crackers to make your own flag with this idea from The Educators Spin On It!
2. Mini Patriotic Shortcake Cups – This is an easy and pre-plated dessert that keeps the day simple from Amandascookin.com! Blueberries, Strawberries, whipped cream, and angel food cake create a visually pleasing and delicious dessert with no fuss and no clean up required. You can take Amanda’s recommendation of making it even easier by purchasing the angel food cake if you don’t have time to make your own at home!
3. Patriotic Popcorn - Mouth watering popcorn with a sweet touch is just what my heart desires! Allow your kiddos to help with the toppings and creation. You will need popcorn, butter, marshmallows, and M&M’s/sprinkles! You could easily do this at home on a family movie night to switch up traditional popcorn for a fun flare!
Enjoy your holiday weekend and THANK YOU to all of those who keep us safe!